Xbox Live reaches 4 million
October 19, 2006 Leave a comment
Xbox Live, the first and only unified online games and entertainment network, has now reached 4 million connected members. This gives Xbox Live a 4 year and a 4 million member head start in the next generation, right as (Microsoft) prepare to launch the 6th version of the Xbox Live network this fall. Currently available in over 24 countries, Xbox Live is a global community on a fast track to hit 6 million members by summer 2007.
(Microsoft) believe that online gaming is a defining issue of next-generation video gaming and (Microsoft) openly welcome other console platforms to join (them) in this space. Below are some of (their) latest facts and stats for the Xbox Live network.
- Xbox Live has now reached more than 4 million members and is growing every day. We anticipate by June 2007 more than 6 million gamers will be connected to the Xbox Live network.
- Xbox Live is the world’s largest platform for high-definition, on-demand content with gamers downloading over 70 million pieces of gaming and entertainment content from Xbox Live Marketplace in just the first 11 months of launch.
- More than 70 percent of connected Xbox 360 consoles are downloading content from Xbox Live Marketplace, home to 2,000 pieces of gaming and entertainment content.
- Xbox Live Arcade has now surpassed 12 million downloads in less than a year. The popularity of Xbox Live has driven major publishers and independent game developers to submit more than a thousand Xbox Live Arcade game concepts to Microsoft for review.
- Xbox Live Arcade games average a phenomenal 24 percent trial-to-purchase conversion rate with #1 title UNO reaching a trial-to-purchase conversion rate of over 50 percent.
- Since the launch of Xbox Live in November 2002, gamers have spent more than two billion hours on the network playing games online with their friends around the world.
- Over 9 million text and voice messages are sent via Xbox Live every week.