April 30, 2006 Leave a comment
One of my posts at "香港 (Hong Kong) 地區 Xbox 討論區" dated "04-30-2006, 6:29PM":
You can hook up any hdd to the console as secondary disc (not replacing the main disc). Thus, it still works perfect to store those terabytes of music files.
- HDD (any system (IDE, SATA…) if adapter connects to USB2)
- USB2 cable and drive connector
- Computer to format the drive
How to do:
- Assemble the hardware
(Connect drive to adapter, then to USB cable)
- Plug to computer
- Format the drive in FAT32
Windows 2K/XP can’t format FAT32 above 32GB despite using them if larger, so you might use tools like Partition Magic…
Win98 goes up to 127GB so another alternative would be a Win98 boot disc with fdisk.
- Copy content to drive
- Connect to your Xbox 360 console
- Work with it like you do with any ipod or other device attached