Re: My XBox 360 crash
March 29, 2006 Leave a comment
One of my posts at "Xbox Live香港(Hong Kong)討論區" dated "03-27-2006, 7:13PM":
"My XBox 360 crashes randomly from time to time. (…) Is it related to network connection thing or is the my XBox 360 being too hot after few hour of gameplay?"
What does the Ring of Light on your console say?
Here a few lines from the user manual, please compare to your situation:
Ring of Light Flashes
- The lights in the console Ring of Light should glow solid while the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system is on and flash when you press the Eject button. If the Ring of Light flashes differently during operation, the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system has an internal problem:
- Four lights on console flash red: Check your AV cable.
- Two left lights on console flash red: The Xbox 360 console is too hot and will not play games until cooled down. Place the Xbox 360 console in a well-ventilated area away from other heat sources. Once the console cools, the flashing will stop and the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system can be played. For more information, see “Select a Location for the Xbox 360 Console.”
- Four lights on controller periodically flash green: No Ring of Light quadrant assignment. The controller is not connected or all four quadrants are full.
- All other patterns: Internal problem requires service. Contact Xbox Customer Support.